Google

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Some Like It Haute

Ok, so I for once I could not refuse the cheesy/cute title that makes the likes of Wallpaper famous. Sorry. What I want to tell you about is a niche brand by the name of Haute. I have followed the brand and its designer Vincenzo de Cotiis for a while now - the guy is good. De Cotiis is an architect and an interior designer before he is a fashion designer, and his love for tinkering with raw materials can be seen in both his architectural work (as in hotel Straf - I stayed there, highly recommended) and in his designs. De Cotiis pays a lot of attention to fabrics, and they are of highest quality. His garments are produced in small quantities with emphasis on workmanship and finishing. Unlike most designers these days, he cuts no corners. At first sight many of his designs are quite conventional, but the devil is in the details, or the proof is in the pudding - you have to sell your soul and taste it for yourself. And now, without further ado, the best (IMHO) Milan menswear collection of FW08/09.


















12 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Nice contrasting buttons on black coats. I'm tempted to buy some cool deep red buttons and replace all my boring black ones now. Cool line.

9:08 PM  
Blogger shopcandycouture said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:44 PM  
Blogger - said...

Love the coats. Need to stick my BF in one. Like, NOW.

10:53 AM  
Blogger ? said...

I can't see any guy looking good in these coats. They completely hide the male form and make the model appear lady like. I almost feel like they should be smuggling board swords.

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The second to last one... The model should have been someone with black spiky hair. His brown hair doesn't really go with the color of the coat.

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Wholesale Fashion said...

Love the black coats. I think it's perfect for my boyfriend.

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Program Skripsi Teknik Informatika said...

this post very good,,, nice

12:49 AM  
Blogger Eyeon Model said...

This collection is fantastic! I agree, the truly great designers aren't in the spotlight with the so called fashionistas .I can't see any guy looking good in these coats. They completely hide the male form and make the model appear lady like. I almost feel like they should be smuggling board swords. Love the black coats.
Hotesses evenementiel Lyon

11:29 PM  
Anonymous famous fashion designers in chennai said...

this collection of design are super and very nice post. new design are very good. all collections are pretty good..and all the best for your future designs..

4:03 AM  
Anonymous Ashley nicholls said...

Well dressed models especially, The trent coat with the boots, Very edge look:) Aproved

3:02 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

I am often into blogging and I really appreciate your content. The article has really peaked my interest. I am going to bookmark your site and keep checking for new information. Regards - Video Marketing

2:08 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think that your completely right about the understated way that detail elevates the clothing. I would like to see more of this wearable chic in women's fashion for sure. Architecture and fashion as well are so similar, the shape is so vital. Great work on the blog aswell !! I'll be keeping up with your new posts :) Also check out my blog, Id love to know your opinion !!! http://yourlibaas.blogspot.co.uk

2:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Hit Counter