Google

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The one to have… Ann Demeulemeester combat boots.

Here is another entry that showcases the one item I would want to own from a vast variety of what's out there (and I'm glad to say I do own it). These combat boots are my most favorite boots ever. Ann first showed them in F/W 2003 “Twilight” collection. They were made famous (for better or worse) when Nicole Kidman wore them throughout the entire 20 page photo shoot in the September 2003 issue of Vogue. They became so popular, that Ann reintroduced them again a year later. These unisex boots are made of supple buffalo leather that wrinkles and beautifully ages with wear. There is a faux lacing in front, and a functioning zipper on each side of the boot, so they open easily. There is also a strap with a buckle and two flaps that close with snaps. This gives one a variety of ways in which to wear them. I wear mine with both zippers undone up until where they meet the buckled strap, and with laces loosened. Ann once said that she wants to cut nonchalance into her clothes, and I think that a nonchalant way of wearing these boots is the way to go. So, if you were planning to buy that one pair of boots - you might want to consider these - they still pop up on Ebay once in a blue moon.

Oh, and I would like to publicly thank my wonderful wife for giving them to me as a present.





























































10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMAZING. are these boots gonna be reproduced for future collections? these looked way better then the raf simons ive planned to buy. how much for them?

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey mic,

I doubt they will be reproduced, but who knows - it is a possibility. Ann usually does not mind reproducing a few things here and there (witness the use of feathers now and then, for example). They were $950 retail. My best advice is to watch out for them on Ebay. Good luck!

8:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow I would like to buy a pair of those! But I can only fit a bigger size...like 13 :( Cool site faust! Im JJohnson on TFS

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn those are hot. Lucky you.

7:32 AM  
Blogger la femme said...

I've been looking for those on ebay forever- LOVE Ann Demeulemeester's designs!

9:12 AM  
Blogger Trista said...

I'm sooo jealous! This is the only item I would ever want to own and be happy!

2:15 PM  
Blogger Antiorder said...

I think these are beautiful and all, but $950? For boots that have a zipper? I know everyone loves easy access but that zipper will be the first thing to go.

New Rock from Europe has some sweet combat boots (and some heavier stuff for the alternative persuasion) for less than 400 (usually around 200) and they wear for at least four years.

They too, unfortunately, usually have zippers.

Nice post. Enjoy your sweet boots. =]

1:53 PM  
Blogger eva said...

Many of us have been drooling over Ann Demeulemeester lace up boots for several months now. Good news! I'm selling it at a afforable price…

http://www.ioffer.com/i/Ann-demeulemeester-lace-up-boots-124603017

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Agence d’hotesses Paris said...

Interesting news. I like this modeling world.
Thanks for posting.

12:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have a pair for sale :)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/331585914140?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Hit Counter