Google

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Those Weathered Satchels

I see these old or middle-aged men in airports sometimes with these weathered old satchels they carry. There is alwasy something about those men, not neccesserily stylish, but something real, their history. They are alive with history, it's in the wrinkles on their faces and in the wrinkles on their old weathered satchels. I look at them and I wonder about who they are and where they are going. If I see one on a luggage conveyor belt, I pick it out with my eyes invariably, and follow it as it makes its slow, respectable rounds. Time is imprinted on them. They are almost always light brown leather. These men have had them for years, and even though they are weathered and old, they won't exchange them for another one. It's their permanence that's worth so much more than newness. These satchels are their friends. I want one like that. I want to keep it until the day I die. It will be my companion, my mute companion, filled with experience and stories.

Jas MB

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

love this post. I know exactly what you mean. :) I have been thinking about this kind of thing a lot lately.

5:08 PM  
Blogger Fashion Critic said...

Thank you :-)

7:25 AM  
Blogger Style IT said...

Hi,

I'm Sarah, the new editorial assistant with Coutorture. We seem to have misplaced your email address, so would you be a doll and email me at sbconle@gmail.com?

Thanks!

Sarah

6:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very interesting post, some items do give of a whole different aura when they have "history".

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Hit Counter